To mark the tenth Irish Medtech CEO Forum and Awards as well as honour the Easter Rising centenary we wanted to tell our story. Medtech Rising captures more than 30 interviews and more than 50 business and organisations captured in a 100 year timeline. The themes explored include:
- The Irish Medtech Association: How the group has changed over time, supporting industry collaboration to deliver an Irish Medtech strategy that helps us realise our vision.
- Ireland’s medtech community: How Ireland’s unique supports make it a success, from attracting FDI, growing companies from the ground-up and state-of-the-art research facilities to getting businesses regulatory ready and access to funding.
- Industry foresight from business leaders: How Ireland’s competitive business environment, strong talent pool and entrepreneurial spirit fostered a global medtech hub. Now Ireland’s record for manufacturing excellence and ability for cross-sectoral cooperation with ICT and biopharma can help it get ahead of the curb.
- An Ireland that works: Ibec sets out the Irish business community’s ambition for the future.
- A century in the making: We’re s small island that’s made an international impact. How Ireland’s medtech industry evolved from a proud history of manufacturing growth captured in a special timeline since 1916.
- Mapping the medtech sector: 18 of the world’s top 25 medtech companies have a base in Ireland and of the 450 business here, 60% are indigenous companies.