Research and Development Position at Elbe Valley Medical
Are you fed up in your job and looking to work on something truly transformational? Do you want to make a big impact on society while learning new things? Do you wish that work was more focused on inventiveness and trying new ideas? We feel the same way at Elbe Valley Medical! We are developing ground-breaking technologies that will revolutionise cancer treatment and bring hope to the 8.2 million patients who die each year.
We believe that work should be a place where you are enabled to be your best and push your boundaries. We believe that the best in people can be brought out in a positive and constructive environment where all inputs are valued.
We have the following position open:
Senior Experimental Physicist
A Senior Experimental Physicist is required to perform the evaluations and development of NEMS - MEMS platform devices as part of new product introduction. We are now looking for a highly-motivated Scientist or Engineer who is passionate about the development of nanotech technologies for our application of medical devices to improve patient outcomes for late stage of cancer therapy. This is your chance to make a big impact on a lot of lives!
● Perform, own and deliver the evaluation and development of NEMS - MEMS platform devices, as well as necessary external experimental infrastructure, owning required properties.
● Responsible for evaluation of characterization results and reporting, indicating decision making process information clearly and concisely.
● Ensure the capture and documentation of any Intellectual Property (IP) throughout the product lifecycle of new product introduction.
● Support other activities and projects of the company in relation to a highly multidisciplinary new product introduction.
● Perform the technical collaboration & partnership with the company research partners worldwide.
● Responsible for ensuring all operational resource for studies within the company and at the company research partners site are in place.
● PhD in Physics, Nanotechnology, or other relevant subject.
● Experience working with MEMS-NEMS devices, as well as proven knowledge of related design principles.
● Must be detail oriented.
● Experience in micro-nano scale material and/or device and/or system properties results evaluation.
● Sound understanding of sensors and energy harvesting requirements for on chip applications.
● Modelling using COMSOL or OpenFOAM or another leading platform.
● Experience with the Bulge Testing of a thin layer material, would be advantage.
● Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical information clearly and concisely.
● Proven ability to perform multiple activities in parallel.
● Understanding of Intellectual Property and or, International Patents as well as EMEA requirements would be beneficial.
For this appointment entitlement to work in the EEA is essential.