Electrical Electronic Engineer
Electrical Electronic Engineer
This is a permanent role within a high paced engineering team at Swords working on the next generation of medical diagnostics equipment. This role requires an individual with a strong aptitude for systems level thinking.
The position will involve design and verification of technical solutions to enhance product and process capability, primarily focusing in the area of electronic and electrical engineering with a bias towards real time systems and software. The Incumbent must have excellent electronic skills, both analog and digital and have the ability to understand down to a component level to the electronic workings of a system. A background in circuit and printed circuit board designing would be a benefit. Experience in real time systems is required along with signal processing, bus systems and protocols (CAN / RS485).
The role will require the incumbent to act as a key technical lead and decision maker in supporting both internal and external activities in the manufacturing / support of medical diagnostic instrumentation. Providing product design solutions to enhance process capability and the performance of installed product at customer sites.
The incumbent must have the ability to structure, plan, prioritize and deliver their own work and that of the team they lead. Experience in technically directing cross functional teams for product and process design including all necessary validation activities and a proven ability in structured problem solving, design for robustness & cost reduction is required. The incumbent will report to a Principal Engineer and will be a member of the site level Engineering Team at Swords.
1) To provide complete electrical / electronic design solutions to improve product performance and reliability including all verification and validation activities including DFM considerations
2) Provide technical support to the manufacturing and test of medical instrumentation product platforms in a low volume, high complexity and highly regulated technology environment.
3) A deep technical competency in the area of electrical / electronic / mechanical / automation design is required with a proven ability to design or redesign solutions.
4) Troubleshooting capability required to analyze problems to root cause with a structured approach and fully develop solutions, including all associated planning and design verification and validation activities. Statistic / Data analytic background would be an advantage.
5) The incumbent will require an ability to work across a significant subset of the key technologies involved in modern instrumentation such as fluidics, molding, electro-mechanics, software, electronics, optics, machining, metal fabrication etc.
6) Incumbent will be considered a local process owner, be able to develop and manage systems of metrics for manufacturing and projects. Complete systems analysis and develop projects to drive continuous improvement in key metric's in alignment with Lean, 6 Sigma, Design Robustness Principles and A3 Problem Solving Principles. Incumbent may be a member of several project teams working with Manufacturing Engineering, CPE, Q.A. R&D, Service and Continuous Improvement.
7) Participate in the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), workflow development, product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
8) Support new product introduction and technology transfer initiatives from design through to maturation of product and process. Familiar with Product Lifecycle Management control systems for configuration control.
9) Must be able to understand signal protocols, processing and bus systems, with the ability to analysis data and address lines to understand system architecture and performance and be able to document and disseminate this to a wider team.
Qualifications/Skills/Experience for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical / electronic engineering or computer science with a minimum 5 years electrical design engineering experience. Bachelor’s degree in alternative disciplines will be considered if balanced by relevant engineering experience.
- High paced strong electrical / electronic engineering background with a proven record in the design / redesign of equipment.
- Understanding of Electrical regulatory requirements required (IEC, LVD, Machinery Directive etc.)
- Must have a very good knowledge of computer architecture.
- Software experience in C / C++. With a bias towards real time systems, experience on Open CAN would be an advantage.
- Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical trouble shooting
- Excellent communications skills- written and verbal skills are required.
- Some experience in a modern world class manufacturing disciplines (lean, six-sigma, DOE) desirable.
Location(s): Swords Co Dublin