Monday, 9 May 2011
Aerogen, a Galway based medical device and drug delivery company, is to represent Ireland in the prestigious 2011 European Business Awards. Aerogen is no stranger to awards having previously won both the IMDA Excellence Award as well as an Ulster Bank Business Achievers award.
The European Business Awards sponsored by HSBC has identified Aerogen as one of Europe’s brightest businesses based on its ability to demonstrate the three core principles at the heart of the Awards programme, those of innovation, business excellence and sustainability.
As a country representative Aerogen will now face a panel of judges made up of key political figures, business leaders and media representatives from Europe’s most influential media owners. The top scoring company in each category will go on to receive a coveted Ruban d’Honneur Award at a prestigious ceremony in Barcelona on 22nd November 2011.
Aerogen is an innovative medical device and drug delivery company specialising in the design, manufacture and marketing of aerosol drug delivery systems, aimed predominately at the critical care respiratory market. Aerogen is recognised as the global leader in high performance nebulisation for mechanically ventilated patients and its products are today used in acute care facilities in 65 countries throughout the world
John Power, Managing Director of Aerogen, commented “We are thrilled to be selected to represent our country at a European level. Ireland is the fourth largest medical device exporter in the world and we are proud to represent this dynamic and expanding sector of business.”
The European Business Awards is dedicated to raising the visibility and progress of companies who excel in delivering innovation twinned with successful commercial results. Last year the European Business Awards showcased 100 Ruban d’Honneur recipients with a combined turnover greater than €766 billion Euros (6% of EU GDP) who employ over 3.5 million people.
Adrian Tripp, CEO of the European Business Awards says, “Over the past five years we’ve received an incredibly high standard of entries from organisations that are passionate about their business. However, very few get the chance to fly the flag for their country and compete across Europe to be recognised as one of the EU’s leading companies. It really is an exceptional accolade to be picked as a Country Representative, and together with HSBC we’re looking forward to seeing Aerogen in the next round.”
For further information please contact:
Tel: (091) 540400 / 087 8905253
· Aerogen is a specialty medical device and drug delivery company specialising in the design, manufacture and marketing of nebulization systems aimed at the critical care respiratory market. Aerogen’s patented OnQ™ aerosol technology is an integral part of its drug delivery systems.
· Founded in Galway in 1997, Aerogen has grown to become the global leader in acute care aerosol drug delivery equipment and today its Aeroneb products play a critical role in treating patients on life-support ventilation, as well as home care offerings, in over 50 counties worldwide.
· Aerogen currently employs a growing team of 40 primarily Science and Engineering graduates, many to PhD level.
· Aerogen is a dynamic and evolving company, focusing on innovative products that create new market opportunities. It is this innovative approach that has seen Aerogen register over 40 international patents and continually develop new products, leading the way in the aerosolized drug delivery market.
· The company also partners with biotech and pharma companies to develop and deliver specialty aerosol drug solutions utilizing its proprietary OnQ™ Aerosol Generator technology platform.
About the European Business Awards 2011:
· The European Business Awards recognises and rewards excellence, best practice and innovation in companies across the European Union. The competition is free to enter and open to organisations of all sizes and from any industry sector.
· The European Business Awards programme provides examples for the business community to aspire to as well as celebrating and endorsing individual’s and organisation’s success.
· The Awards provide case studies and content for learning from these exceptional organisations