Statistics with Minitab. Module 1.
Statistics with Minitab, Basics (Module 1)
Pre-requisite: Leaving Cert Maths, Undergraduate Introductory Statistics or an interest in the subject.
To help us determine your skill level in Statistics we suggest that you take a pre-course online test as a prerequisite to attending the course.
Please contact email@example.com for more info and link to the test.
Welcome to Minitab
· Get to know Minitab.
· Understand key statistical concepts including central tendency, dispersion, descriptive statistics, Central Limit Theorem etc.
· Learn how to present your data numerically and graphically with Minitab.
Statistical Decision Making
· Learn how to estimate process parameters with Minitab.
· Understand how to use Minitab to make statistical decisions based on calculated risks.
· Understand the relationship between power and sample size for decision making. Use Minitab to calculate an optimum sample size.
Statistical Process Control
· Understand the concepts of process variation and how to monitor and control it.
· Learn the difference between control charts for attributes and variables.
· Learn how to choose an appropriate control chart for your process.
· Learn how to use Minitab to construct and plot the various control charts.
Minitab 18 will need to be downloaded to your laptop. There is a free 30 day trial available online. Please ensure downloaded on your laptop prior to start of event, however not too early that trial expires, as it is only valid for 30 days.
Who should attend
Quality engineers, process engineers, supplier quality personnel, lab technicians, research and development personnel, data analysts, manufacturing engineers, metrologists and calibration technicians will benefit from any or all of the modules.
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to two weeks prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.