Statistics with Minitab.
According to FDA’s CFR 820.250, “Where appropriate, each manufacturer shall establish and maintain procedures for identifying valid statistical techniques required for establishing, controlling, and verifying the acceptability of process capability and product characteristics.”
This series of courses covers the application of statistical tools commonly used in the medical devices and pharmaceutical industries. Learn to use data analysis techniques to understand variation and defects, determine the useful life of a product, assess if a process is capable of meeting customer specifications, and monitor the stability of a validated process. Learn to use Minitab tools for validation of analytical methods, determine product stability and shelf-life, predict when your product will fail etc.
Module 1 introduces the Minitab environment and important statistical concepts, while Module 2 focuses on application of statistics as a tool for assessing process capability, measurement system capability, product stability, acceptance sampling, regression etc.
There are two modules in this series and each module is of three days’ duration. Attached is a course outline for module one and module two.
MODULE 1: BASIC STATISTICS WITH MINITAB (3 DAYS)
Pre-requisite: Leaving Cert Maths, Undergraduate Introductory Statistics or an interest in the subject.
Day 1 - The Minitab Environment
• Get to know Minitab.
• Understand key statistical concepts including central tendency, measures of dispersion, descriptive statistics, inferential statistics, Central Limit Theorem etc.
• Learn how to present your data numerically and graphically with Minitab - histograms, boxplots, scatterplots, Run chart, cumulative and normal probability plots.
• Understand fundamentals of probability theory.
• Understand the distribution of your data
• Continuous distributions – normal, t distributions etc.
• Discrete distributions – binomial, Poisson etc.
• Use probability distributions to predict your process behaviour.
Day 2 - Statistical Decision Making
• Parameter estimation – point estimate, confidences intervals, tolerance intervals for a given coverage and confidence level, k factor etc.
• Use tolerance interval to quantify the reliability of your products.
• Use tolerance interval as acceptance criteria for process validation.
• Understand how to use Minitab to make statistical decisions based on calculated risks – t-tests, F-test, Chi-sq test, Goodness-of-fit, analysis of variance (ANOVA), paired t-test, test for outliers – Grubb’s test and Dixon’s tests.
• Understand the relationship between p-value and test statistic, eg Anderson Darling.
• Understand the relationship between power and sample size for decision making. Use Minitab to calculate an optimum sample size for confidence interval and tolerance interval.
Day 3 - Statistical Process Control
• Understand the concepts of process variation and how to monitor and control your process.
• Learn the difference between control charts for attributes and variables.
• Learn how to choose an appropriate control chart for your process.
• Learn how to use Minitab to construct and plot the various control charts – IMR, Xbar-R, Xbar-S, p, np, C and U charts.
Minitab 18 will need to be downloaded to your laptop. There is a free 30 day trial available online. Please ensure downloaded on your laptop prior to start of event, however not too early that trial expires, as it is only valid for 30 days.
MEMBER COST €490.00 per person
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to two weeks prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.