Statistics with Minitab Module 2 (Advanced)
Statistics with Minitab Module 2. Advanced
A definition of statistics is the “collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data”.
One objective of this course is to empower you with the statistical knowledge you need to analyse and interpret your data in the best way possible. A second objective is to expose you to the numerous tools for data presentation available in Minitab, the de Facto statistical data analysis package for manufacture.
Advanced Statistics with Minitab (Module 2)
Pre-requisite: Module 1 (Basic Statistics with Minitab) or Minimum of 70% score in Basic Statistics Pre-course Test.
Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
· Understand Measurement Systems Analysis concepts. Learn how to use Minitab to perform Type 1 Gage study, Gage Linearity study and Gage R & R (Crossed)
· Learn how to use Minitab’s Attribute Agreement Analysis tool to assess whether appraisers are consistent with themselves.
· Understand the concepts of Acceptance Sampling, including sampling risks, sampling indices (AQL, RQL, LTPD/RQL, AOQL), OC Curve etc.
· Learn how to use Minitab to define a ‘Zero Acceptance” sampling plan.
Process Capability Analysis
· Understand the assumptions of process capability.
· Understand capability metrics – Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk and Cpm.
· Learn how to use Minitab’s Capability Sixpack to assess assumption of normality.
· Learn how to use Minitab’s Individual Distribution Identification tool to find a distribution which best describes your data.
Correlation and Regression Analysis
· Understand the difference between regression and correlation.
· Appreciate data considerations for regression analysis.
· Learn when and how to use Minitab’s “Fitted Line Plot”, “Fit Regression Model” and “Nonlinear Regression” tools.
Minitab 18 will need to be downloaded to your laptop. There is a free 30 day trial available online. Please ensure downloaded on your laptop prior to start of event, however not too early that trial expires, as it is only valid for 30 days.
Who should attend
Quality engineers, process engineers, supplier quality personnel, lab technicians, research and development personnel, data analysts, manufacturing engineers, metrologists and calibration technicians will benefit from any or all of the modules.
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to two weeks prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.