Statistics with Minitab
Much time and effort is devoted to the collection of data in industry. It is not possible to get most value from this data without using the statistics. There are several brands of reasonably priced computer statistical software packages available to assist in the application of statistics, and most people with a reasonable background in maths (example, pass leaving certificate level) can be readily trained to use this software so as to utilise data for continual process improvement, and better decision making.
On completing this course the participant will:
- Understand basic statistical principles
- Know how to analyse the variation that arises in manufacturing processes and business
- Understand the concepts of hypothesis testing and how statistics is used in data-based decision making
- Understand how to establish confidence for the results of data analysis
- Know how to obtain sample sizes for hypothesis testing
- Know how to use Minitab software for statistical analysis
- Have completed Sections VI A, B, C, D, E of the ASQ Certified Quality Engineer curriculum
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to two weeks prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.