Manufacturing Automation & Robotics
**Limited places - only 8 remaining**
This module covers the application of Industrial Control Systems (PLCs) to control electro-motive applications in industry and to access data from manufacturing operations. Electric motors and variable speed drive controllers are investigated in terms of their control principles and integration with industrial controllers. An Industrial PLC system is programmed to gain practical experience of modular industrial controllers, data historians and networks with distributed I/O. Based on the IEC 61131-3 PLC Programming languages, complex PLC instructions and their application to data handling and data formats are introduced. An overview of robotics applications in manufacturing is discussed and the data exchange between different industrial systems is explored.
This module adopts an applied learning approach to understanding the application of automation systems, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Robotics, Drives and Motors in a manufacturing environment.
The aim of this module is to enable the learner to programme an industrial control system for reliable data acquisition and storage. Furthermore, the application of control system hierarchies and data exchange with Robotic Systems will be explored.
- Start date Thursday, 1 April
- Runs for 7 weeks
- Delivered online with two practical classroom days on-site in LIT
- 90 minutes self directed learning each week
- **limited places left**
|1||Thursday||1-Apr||Virtual/remote learning||online||19:00||90 mins|
|2||Thursday||8-Apr||Virtual/remote learning||online||19:00||90 mins|
|5||Thursday||29-Apr||Virtual/remote learning||online||19:00||90 mins|
|6||Saturday||15-May||Virtual/remote learning||online||19:00||90 mins|
|7||Thursday||28-May||Virtual/remote learning||online||19:00||90 mins|
Module Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Analyse the application of industrial controls, motive power application and automation in a relevant industrial context.
- Configure a distributed industrial control architecture with PLCs, Remote I/O, Drive Controllers and a network hub.
- Programme an Industrial PLC to acquire digital and analog data and to log the data in an appropriate data historian.
- Discuss the application of Robotics and industrial vision systems to manufacturing applications
- Integrate industrial data from automation systems to a suitable database application, relevant to the learners practice.
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to two weeks prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.