Introduction to Agile Software Development
Become familiar with the principles and terminology of Agile during this 2 day programme and decide if agile is suitable for your company's circumstances.
Assuming no prior knowledge of agile, this course will introduce delegates to the underlying philosophies of Agile. Once the principles have been established, the learner will be shown these in action by learning the practices associated with Agile Project Management. This course will focus on the most popular and widely used Agile delivery methods; Scrum and Kanban.
- Agile Values & Principles. The Agile Manifesto.
- Agile Methodologies; Scrum Framework, Extreme Programming (XP) & Kanban.
- Agile Culture & Mind-set changes required for Agile.
- How to be successful with Agile and what pitfalls to avoid.
- Agile Requirements; Epics & User Stories. Agile Estimation; Story Points, Ideal Hours & Planning Poker.
- How to make the move from Waterfall to Agile.
- Project Management: Predictive v Agile v Kanban.
Who should attend?
This is an introductory workshop and, as such, is ideal for someone who is new to Agile. It will be of benefit to anyone who is considering an Agile approach to managing their software development projects or simply wants to understand how Agile / Lean could benefit them.
Member cost: €475.00
Non-member cost: €630.00
*This programme is supported by the Connected Health Skillnet (www.connectedhealthskillnet.ie)
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to two weeks prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.