Driving Operational Excellence through Lean Leader
Driving Operational Excellence through Lean Leadership (Level 9 on NFQ)
The aim of the programme is to introduce delegates to the importance of Lean Leadership and Lean operational transformation skills. This programme has been uniquely developed by the Irish Medtech Association Operational Excellence Taskforce, and will incorporate a 3 day immersed practical hands-on approach to learning.
The evolution of Lean Thinking and Understanding Demand and Planning for Change
- The Key concepts of Lean Thinking and the points of view of several key writers
- The development of the concept of the “Lean Enterprise” and its philosophy and principles and applying that knowledge to different environments
- Evaluating existing levels of competence in relation to Lean to promote self-directed future learning and identify the most appropriate strategy
- Identifying the potential benefits and challenges of Lean
- Describing how other improvement approaches link or integrate to Lean (specifically Six Sigma, BPR, TQM, and the Theory of Constraints)
- Discussion on the integration of the MÓRTM Benchmark Model with Lean Thinking and Practice
A practical value stream mapping exercise, enabling delegates to understand how to best analyse and improve their system performance:
- How to use mapping tools to make interventions at a “systems” level in an organisation and why this is an important precursor to other mapping methodologies
- Construction of a current state and the design of the ideal and future state maps
- How to derive a development plan from the mapping process in line with the strategic plan
- How to monitor the achievement of plans
- How the company describes productivity and what it does with this information
Case study materials will provide examples of the complete process.
The role of the Lean leader in “Providing Direction” and “Developing People”.
- An introduction to the strategic, operational and people aspects of lean thinking, as well as the concept of sustaining changes
- Understanding the role of lean management and leadership and the importance of being able to join up the dots – redesign without creating islands of excellence
- The role of the leader in the development of people both directly and systematically
Who should attend
The course is relevant to senior management/executive level personnel within Medical Device industry across a broad range of disciplines: Operations, Supply chain, Finance & Quality.
6 ects of a Level 9 on NFQ
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to two weeks prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.