Digilisation of Manufacturing
In this module, the learner will visualise, create and simulate a 3D model of a manufacturing application (Digital Twin). As a key component of Industry 4.0, the Digital Twin concept has a wide range of applications and benefits including manufacturing system development, product lifecycle, validation, marketing, and training. The 3D model will be linked to its physical twin to produce statistical information on the application. The module will address the use of the Digital Twin to link together manufacturing applications, machines, conveyancing and robotics to evaluate and improve the design and implementation of manufacturing systems.
This module will investigate the increasing digitalisation of manufacturing, from advanced product design to production process models and the use of visualisation techniques in manufacturing support. The relevant value and application of Design Tools, Digital Twins, Simulation Models, Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality, will be investigated.
Module Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Analyse the application of digital product design to reduce costs and increase throughput in a relevant industrial context.
- Develop a model simulation of a production process, addressing aspects of optimisation, capacity expansion and what-if scenarios.
- Analyse the application of a Digital Twin Design approach to improving the re-configurability of a production process.
- Review the technologies associated with visualisation of industrial processes and discuss their relevance and effective in manufacturing.
Evaluate, the impacts (qualitatively and quantitatively) of a manufacturing digitalisation initiative in relation to standard industry benchmarks.
- Start Date Wednesday, 14 April
- Runs for 9 weeks
- Delivered fully online
- Tutorial each Wednesday, 18.30
- 90 minutes self directed learning each week
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to two weeks prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.