CNC Programming course
Level 7 15 (ECTS) Course Description
This unique programme delivered by Cork Institute of Technology and supported by Irish Medtech Skillnet, uses industry standard Computer Numerical Control (CNC) and is developed in collaboration with the South-West Regional Skills Forum.
Participants will be exposed to current state-of-the-art technologies, emerging developments and trends, using the latest machining/ inspection technologies to learn how advances in ICT can be exploited and implemented on the factory floor.
This programme is structured around 3 key modules:
• Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Programming & Manufacturing: machine tool technology & operations
• CAD/CAM Applications: model generation; generation of 2D, 2.5D & 3D part programmes; offline simulation.
• Introduction to Metrology Systems (Semi & Fully Automated Systems): interpreting specifications and selecting appropriate measurement techniques.
Learning Outcomes (attached)
- Starts Tuesday, 8 December - Friday 28 May 2020
- Classes delivered fully online every Tuesday and Thursday evening 18.30-21.30
- 50% funding available from Irish Medtech Skillnet
course subject to validation
- CNC course description November 2020_v2.pdf - 236 Kbytes
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to two weeks prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.