Advancing Medical Grade Plastics: PTI & IOM
Polymer Technology Ireland and the Institute of Materials (IOM) invite you to attend a video presentation by LyondellBasell on “Advancing Medical Grade Plastics – Implementation at a Polyolefins Producer”. The call will take place on Thursday 22nd October @ 12.30pm.
The presentation will be given by Dr Patrik Schneider, Head of Application Development & Technical Service Polyethylene Specialties LyondellBasell.
We expect the call to last for approx. 45 minutes, with the presentation taking 25-30 minutes.
The presentation will cover:
- The healthcare industry and the plastics industry at a glance
- Medical grade plastics requirements
- In March 2019 the new VDI Guidelines for Medical Plastics was published. (The VDI Association of German Engineers is highly recognised and their guidelines often serve as the precursors for international standards).
- Previously the requirements for a medical grade polymer was not closely defined – now there are general guidelines which can fit within the context of the new Medical Device Regulation (MDR).
- The scope is to cover polymers used for medical devices, pharma primary packaging and IVD-Products.
- Aim is to give advice to both polymer manufacturers and processors on the requirements and expectations for these polymers.
The call will be moderated by Jeff Hobbins (Chairman – IOM) of UltraPolymers
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to two weeks prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.